Free Market Square
February 17, 2018 | March 17, 2018
2301 Elgin Street 77004
Free Market Square is a monthly market held in the heart of Third Ward to highlight entrepreneurs and performers throughout the year and host a Community Marketplace. Free Market Square adds to the strength, vibrancy, and self-determination of the Historic Third Ward with this free, family-friendly event. Local vendors, arts activities for children and adults, and performances by established and up-and-coming performers in music and dance reignite the historic legacy of this community. This market is focused on the sale of original goods that are handmade, customized, fair-trade, and vintage resellers.
Booth | $50 Feb or $50 March
Food Truck $100 Feb or $100 March
Booth (Feb+March)* | $80 w/20% discount
Food Truck (Feb+March)* | $140 w/20% discount
*For a limited time, Free Market Square is offering a special deal for merchants. Register for the February and March markets and get 20% discount. Also look for Discount Codes to be announced on our Social Media Links.
Please check-in with the VENDOR COORDINATOR, prior to setting up to receive booth space assignment. Free Market Square is a rain or shine marketplace. If a market is canceled due to severe weather, FMS will notify participants by email and honor their registration at the next monthly market.
- Set-up time: 8:00 to 9:45 am. Vendors should be set-up and ready to sell by 10:00 am.
- Payment must be received to guarantee a space. Vendors who have not pre-paid can check on space availability on the day of the Market.
- Booth space is approximately 10’ x 10’. Tents must be no bigger than 10’x10’ Pop-up Tent.
- Vendors must provide ALL that you need to vend. (change, pop-up tent, tables, chairs, lighting, displays, office supplies, flyers, etc.)
- Tables, chairs, and other equipment must fit within the 10' x 10' booth space.
- Electricity is not available.
- Breakdown completion time: 5 pm
- FMS is not responsible for merchandise or other belongings left behind.
- Food vendors are required to get and provide a Temporary Food Permit and follow City of Houston Health Dept regulations.
Link to Temporary Food Permit: www.houstontx.gov/health/Food/Temp_Permit_Package_06272011.pdf