Opening + Market
August 11, 2018 | 4 - 7pm
August 11 - September 16, 2018
Join PRH on August 11 from 4-7 as the row houses go from studio to installation at the opening of Summer Studios 2018! The seven residents have been hard at work, developing installations that connect the core values of Project Row Houses to their own artistic practices.
The 2018 Residents are:
- Dreana Booker, Texas Southern University
- Evan Coleman, University of St. Thomas
- Kara Coonrod, University of Houston
- Catherine Davila, University of Houston
- Elizabeth Denton, Rice University
- Alexis Pye, University of Houston
- Charli Sol, University of Houston-Downtown
The Summer Studios residency was developed in 2006 to provide an opportunity for emerging artists to work on the PRH site, transforming the art houses into temporary studios and engaging the community. The residency is open to seven local college or university students who are nominated by professors and selected by a panel. Through critiques with local artists and curators, discussions with the mentors and visits to other local art spaces, the residents spent six weeks learning to blend their practices into a social context that extends outside of the studio to ignite dialogues and help us see ourselves and others differently.