Project Row Houses (PRH) is seeking to hire an Assistant Development Director who will focus on small donors and special events, in conjunction with the ongoing fund development activities already in place. The individual will be responsible for growing the small donor base, through some or all of the following methods: on-line giving, social media fundraising, special events, and membership opportunities. In 2013-14 PRH will celebrate its 20th Anniversary and the goal will be to have a robust individual donor group in place at that time. H/she will report to the Development Director.
PRH is a neighborhood-based nonprofit art and cultural organization in Houston’s Northern Third Ward, one of the city’s oldest African-American communities. With a mission to transform community through the celebration of art and African American history and culture, PRH has established programs that encompass arts and culture, neighborhood revitalization, low-income housing, education, historic preservation, and community service. For further information, visit www.projectrowhouses.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify current small individual donors to PRH
- Develop cultivation and recruitment strategies for existing and new donors, including special events
- Activate on-line and web-based giving
- Research membership levels and build PRH’s membership program
- Work with graphic designer and webmaster to develop printed and website materials, respectively
- Insure the accuracy of donor records for recognition and publication listings
- Maintain donor prospect records and information; prepare necessary reports and mailing lists as required
- Provide direct customer service to and for individual donors and prospects
- Assist and support other Development staff as required
- Assist Development Director with annual giving and special events
- Attend PRH events as assigned
- Provide overall office support for the department; assist and support other staff as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor’s degree in writing, marketing or some other related field from an accredited university
- Minimum of two years of development and fundraising experience, preferably with an arts or social service non-profit organization
- Record of successful experience in activities requiring customer service and/or customer relations
- The ability to work independently/as a self-starter, as well as a team member
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of donor management programs and all social media applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Community minded, able to communicate well with a variety of personality types and flourish in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic environment
- A team player, works well both independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility and problem solving skills; ability to multi-task and to be highly detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT):
This is a full-time, exempt staff position with full benefits
Requires periodic weekend and evening work
No more than 15% travel
Employee should be able to lift up to 25lbs
Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s background and experience. The position will remain posted until it is filled.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position to email@example.com (please DO NOT call). Additionally, be sure to explain your interest in working at Project Row Houses.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed may or may not be considered essential job functions and requirements. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Project Row Houses is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all programs and services, and does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion and/or sex (including marital status and/or sexual orientation) national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or veteran status.